Do you get worried about the excess sweat on your underarms? Relax. It is normal to sweat, however, too much sweat or profuse sweating can be problematic and yet embarrassing.
Always sweating for no apparent reason, really, suggests a need for a medical attention or advice. You do not have to fear, remember sweating is stimulated by heat or to a high extent, anxiety. If you develop anxiety due to unknowingly excessive sweating, you could indeed be worsening your sweating problem.
There are indeed products that can help cure your sweating problem. We have put together a list of top ten recommended products that cure sweaty armpits.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 10 Recommended Products that Cure Sweaty Armpits
- 2 What are the Causes of Underarm Sweating?
- 3 Top 8 Reasons you Experience Excessive Sweating on your Armpits
- 4 Why do I have Smelly Sweaty Armpits?
- 5 What is the Treatment of Sweaty Armpits?
- 6 How do I stop my Armpits from Sweating? How not to have Sweaty Armpits?
Top 10 Recommended Products that Cure Sweaty Armpits
|Product Description||Buy Now|
|Nuderm DRY HYPERHIDROSIS TREATMENT pills stop sweating, sweaty hands Sweaty Feet Night Sweats Sweaty Underarms Naturally Proven Antiperspirant Vitamins treats Hyperhidrosis
by NuDerm Products
|PURAX Pure Pads Antiperspirant Adhesive Underarm Pads, 30 Piece
|Nuderm Epi Dry HYPERHIDROSIS TREATMENT pills stop sweating, sweaty hands Sweaty Feet Night Sweats Stress Sweat Sweaty Underarms Naturally Proven Antiperspirant Vitamins treats Hyperhidrosis
by Nu Derm Poducts
|Antifungal Tea Tree Oil Body Wash, Helps Athletes Foot, Ringworm, Toenail Fungus, Jock Itch, Acne, Eczema & Body Odor- Soothes Itching & Promotes Healthy Feet, Skin and Nails 9oz.
by Purely Northwest
|ZeroSweat Underarm Shields 50 pcs Disposable Absorbent Pads to Block Sweat
|Peel & Stick Sweat Wicking Armpit Pads (FULL MONTH SUPPLY – 30 Pairs) – Disposable Odor Protection (Regular)
by HY Auto Parts Co., Ltd.
|Underarm Perspiration Shield Disposable Absorbent Pads (30 Pairs, Regular) – Invisible Protection Against Armpit Sweat Stains
by HY Auto Parts Co., Ltd.
|Spirit Nest Lavender Moon Organic, 100% Natural, Vegan, Aluminum Free Deodorant, All Day Protection, 2.5oz
by Spirit Nest
|Ejis Sweatproof Undershirts for Men V Neck Cotton with Odor Fighting Silver (Large, White)|
|BEACUIR Remove Moisturizing Spray Underarm Odor Mild Formula Scent Freshness 40g
You probably have heard of forums informing about excessive sweating and how to curb a sweaty disorder. Only that the forums partially touched on sweaty palms (palmar hyperhidrosis), sweaty feet (plantar hyperhidrosis), and sweaty face (craniofacial hyperhidrosis). Surely that was not enough because you missed out on the sweaty armpit/underarm ‘ring’ disorder known as axillary hyperhidrosis.
Compared to hands, face and feet excessive sweating, also known as hyperhidrosis, underarm hyperhidrosis can impact more on your social freedom. It can be bothering and disgusting for example when you notice that your clothes are always staining, yellowish color stain –due to excess sweat on your armpits– and more so the fear of being seen by people around you.
Almost everyone you meet, especially on a hot environment, it is common that your body movements will not go unnoticed by them: when you move your arms either for a handshake, waving high on someone, or picking up something. This brings down your ego and similarly lowers your self-confidence.
If you are in the 20s or 30s and even 40s age stage, there is more certainty that your axillary/underarm hair will increase the sweat produced. Note that moist hair promotes replication of bacteria in the affected areas as bacteria survive in a warm-damp environment.
Before you can apply the ways to stop that excess sweat production in your armpits, which are plenty, it is essential to understand what causes the excessive sweating.
What are the Causes of Underarm Sweating?
The central nervous system (CNS) controls the sweat glands in your body organs. If there is any abnormal sweating in your body then this describes a dysfunction peripheral nervous system. The brain is the one that sends signals through the nerves to the sweat glands to maintain internal and external body temperatures.
So, any malfunction in your body’s sweat glands would relate to injured or damaged spinal cord or brain cells. Least to say, any disease that affects either the brain or the spinal cord can impact on impulses to your body’s sweat glands, resulting in uncontrollable sweating on your skin, or simply leading to a situation where you are always sweating.
Indeed here are 8 reasons you may experience excessive sweating on your armpits:
Top 8 Reasons you Experience Excessive Sweating on your Armpits
- Tuberculosis disease, in particular, brings you fever. If you have fever, it is likely that your body temperature will rise. You will, mostly, in the night experience excessive sweating, especially in your armpit or underarm. The same sweaty armpits condition is experienced by other related diseases.
- Heredity can at times cause sweaty armpits. Genes inherited from parents can contain excessive sweaty glands or overactive sweat glands in the armpit area.
- Excessive sweating is a symptom of hyperthyroidism condition at its late phases. Hyperthyroidism is a situation where your body has a lot of thyroids in circulation. There is a possibility of excessive sweating as many thyroids on your body speed up the chemical processes.
- Excessive sweating can be triggered by the body immune system fighting cancer cells. Types of cancer, to list a few- lymphoma, leukaemia, bone cancer, mesothelioma, carcinoid tumour and liver cancer can result in excessive sweating on your armpits.
- If you are on medication and you experience too much sweat in your underarms; in your palms and face as well then it is advisable you revisit the doctor who prescribed the drugs. Preferably the doctor will prescribe a different dosage ro ease your excessive sweating.
- If your body has low sugar levels then excessive sweating at might becomes a symptom of either diabetes type 1 and 2, or hypoglycemia.
- Menopause hot flushes in women cause sweaty armpits. Most women at menopause report abnormal sweating and hot flushes. Doctors’ research has shown that the excessive sweating could be due to low estrogen levels.
- Psychiatric problems arising from stress, anxiety and withdrawal syndrome could cause chronic sweating.
Why do I have Smelly Sweaty Armpits?
You probably have noticed ‘ring’ stains on your shirt in the area corresponding to your underarm. This is as a result of chemical reactions occurring in your armpits. The apocrine glands found where hair sprout produce sweat, which contains fatty acids (protein) that lead to the staining.
- Bacteria then break the acids to amino acids. Essentially the amino acids are stinky and cause a bad smell in your armpits.
- Usually you will not avoid the sweat; however, you can get rid of the bad smell emanating from your sweaty armpit. Gastrointestinal problems, bacteria growth and fungal infections increase your chances of having smelly armpits.
- A more common method to eliminate armpit odor is applying or spraying deodorants on your armpits. The deodorant will create an acidic environment on your skin hence suppressing the bacteria from processing the fatty acids.
What is the Treatment of Sweaty Armpits?
Before you resolve to more sensitive treatment, try applying antiperspirants on your armpits. The antiperspirant must be recommended by a pharmacist or dermatologist.
- Wash and dry your armpits before retiring to bed.
- There is a belief that armpits stop sweating each time you lay flat. So when lying on your bed apply the solution under your arm.
- Simply take a tape and wrap it in the solution; wear a tight-fitting T-shirt to keep the tape intact.
- Ensure you wash off the solution in the morning.
For severe sweaty armpit seek medical assessment and diagnosis and treatment from a professional doctor. Such treatment would involve:
Treatment for Severe Sweaty Armpits
- Injection of Botulinum toxin into the skin of your armpit. Small doses are injected under your arms and takes 30-45 minutes.
- A new method, miraDry, has proven to (almost) reduce perspiration permanently. This procedure involves passing electromagnetic current in the underarm in a bid to eliminate the sweat glands in your armpits.
- Another method is the Axillary laser.
- As the last option, you can undergo a sympathectomy operation, which involves surgical removal of the sweat glands.
How do I stop my Armpits from Sweating? How not to have Sweaty Armpits?
Wear linen, wool, and cotton loose clothes that allow the flow of air to your skin and out.
Avoid eating food cooked with pepper and spices as they would activate sweat glands and be smelt in the sweat hence increase sweating. Eat food and supplements that induce vitamin B in your body. Also, remember to keep your armpit shaved regularly.
You are responsible for keeping your body healthy and fit. Control your sweating condition at the early stages when you notice excessive sweaty armpits. Do not forget to check in with your doctor before resolving to change your medication or apply antiperspirant.