Table of Contents
- 1 The Problematic Sweaty Face Condition
- 2 What is the Cause of a Sweaty Face?
- 3 Consequent–Sweaty Face– Related Problems
- 4 Natural Useful Therapies to Control a Sweaty Face
Are you trapped in the common sweaty face problem? Are you always sweating on your face, even when it is just cold? Do you, more often, find yourself giving the look to convince others the reason of your sweaty face as you cannot withstand excessive sweating? Does your scalp or head drip sweat down your temple and cheeks (more) rapidly? Does your forehead soak with sweat even in unusual weather conditions, for example, cold weather?
If your answer is yes, then you are suffering from overactive sweat glands, apocrine glands, on your face and head. Worry no more because there are various products that can cure the sweaty face once and for all. We have put together a list of the top recommended products that cure sweaty hands. the products listed below are selected based on the one with the highest reviews by satisfied customers.
- What is a sweaty face and why do you have it?
- What is the reason for your sweaty face?
- What ways work and what worsens your sweaty face?
- What are the proven ways to get away with too much sweat on your face?
The Problematic Sweaty Face Condition
Well, it is normal for you to sweat on your face….. See, just like the palms, feet and armpits that contain a high concentration of sweat glands and are exposed to hot temperature, sweating on your face is normal. In fact, the face is open to the changing temperatures leave alone the feet and armpit that are occluded in shoes and clothing respectively.
Still, sweating on your face is a therapeutic condition to cool your body temperature. The reason for a sweaty face could be primarily due to the scorching heat from the sun or strenuous exercise.
Interestingly, you will notice the tension, anxiety or nervousness in yourself by having a sweaty face. This feeling becomes more intriguing and embarrassing when you realize the excessive and constant sweat on your face. It describes fear or phobia.
Why then worry because of a sweaty face? These are the reasons for a sweaty face disorder…..
Craniofacial Hyperhidrosis (Excessive Sweating on the Face)
However, if in a cool environment or even in rather a warm environment you experience profuse sweating, then this could be a symptom of Craniofacial hyperhidrosis (too much sweating on face including forehead, scalp, and behind the neck). A sweaty face could sound more problematic if results in psychological and social distress in a person.
Craniofacial hyperhidrosis can be either primary or secondary. Primary, if you are disturbed by a sweaty face each time you experience emotional stress, tension or anxiety; and secondary if medical conditions like thyroid problems, neurological malfunctions and infections leave dampness on your face and scalp.
What is the Cause of a Sweaty Face?
- The excessive sweaty face can pose as a side effect from other medications. Antibiotics and body supplements can cause sweaty face as well. Substance and drug abuse are even more likely to trigger a sweaty face and head.
- Too much sweat on your face can be induced by hormonal imbalances. More women and mostly during pregnancy are likely to experience sweating on their forehead or face.
- If you are suffering from thyroid problems there is a likelihood of you experiencing frequent excessive sweating on your body and face.
- Straining your body to perform strenuous physical activities can, as a consequence, cause heart conditions. This heart conditions further cause sweaty face disorder. Apparently, sudden excessive sweating on your head and face may be a symptom of heart disease or stroke.
- If you are in a condition that affects the nervous system, probably your body may lack the ability to properly regulate your sweat glands.
- If you are also suffering from a brain disorder, such as Parkinson’s disease (failure of nerve cells in the brain that controls sweat glands), it is not by surprise that you will realize profuse sweating on your face and body.
- Tuberculosis, some types of cancer, or severe infections can also lead to severe excessive sweating in your face and scalp. An injury or damage to the spinal cord causes similar symptoms.
Consequent–Sweaty Face– Related Problems
- Causes of a sweaty face could eventually block hair follicles in sweat. Bacteria replicate in warm moist surfaces and thus result in bacterial infection of the hairline.
- If it becomes chronic, excessive sweaty face creates social distress making you feel awkward and depressed.
- Attempt in women to apply makeup is thwarted by the very condition of a sweaty face.
- There is a risk of developing skin rashes during very hot conditions.
- How do I stop sweating on my face?
Natural Useful Therapies to Control a Sweaty Face
- Take two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar combined with a little honey three times in a day. Preferably should be taken 30 minutes before eating your meal.
- Use witch hazel oil (derived from the bark and leaves of Witch-hazel shrub) by applying it to the face and scalp. [Caution] only a thin layer should be smeared otherwise could dry the skin too much.
- Aloe-Vera gel, when applied on your face, cools the facial skin thereby reducing sweaty face.
- Mix sandalwood with rosewater and apply it on your face. After 10 minutes wash it off and within a few days, you will realize the reduced sweat on your face.
- Ensure your diet is rich in whole grains. Whole grains nourish the body with vitamin B that is essential for reducing perspiration.
- Another more stringent option is to get a diagnosis from a physician or dermatologist. After conducting a check-up and a serious assessment, the doctor can consider a variety of treatments. One of the most used is prescription of antiperspirant with high aluminium content.
More Stringent Treatment used in Combating Sweaty Face
- Taking Anticholinergic drugs assist in blocking messages sent by your nervous system to the sweat glands, therefore, reducing sweat production. Well, while this may seem the easiest solution, it comes with a whole lot of side effects, but not limited to; constipation, overheating your body, urinary problems and impaired vision.
- Although iontophoresis requires great injection of time and money, the results are outstanding. The process involves the use of a medical device that passes electric current on your face. The doctor recommends that the procedure should be done 2-3 times a week.
- Simply, the doctor can use fine needles to inject Botox into the affected facial areas. It is advisable that you seek such expertise from an experienced doctor in this field.
- If all the above solutions fail to work for you then a surgery is the way to go by (Endoscopic Transthoracic Sympathectomy). Anaesthesia, common in all surgical procedures, is involved to relax your nerves so as to suppress pain. So no need to fear.
How do I not Sweat so Much?
Sure, you can stay dry even in hot weather and still remain confident. Proportionately, you can regain your body balance and still opt for exercise to lose extra weight without sweating too much.
This is how to…
- Avoid consuming, in large amounts, drinks with alcohol and caffeine content.
- Your body needs to concentrate either on digestion or sleep, so it is advisable to take just enough food in the evening.
- Avoid eating food cooked with spices, such as pepper, and garlic.
Now, you have some knowledge to fight your facial sweating problem. If it becomes problematic (always) remember to seek medical advice.