Do you have sweaty feet? Do you often experience sweaty feet, when traveling or when in your daily routine life? Do your feet soak in sweat almost always? Does wearing shoes without socks, such as moccasins leave wet patches on the inner soles? Do you leave moist footprints on the floor? Are you experiencing cold fevers due to the ever sweaty feet?
Sometimes sweaty feet can lead to increased feet infection and bad odor, of curse leading to embarrassing moments, especially when you remove your shoes. Do not worry. We have put together a list of recommended products that will help you cure sweaty feet.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 10 Recommended Products that Cure Sweaty Feat
- 2 So, What is Sweaty Feet?
- 3 Home Remedies for Sweaty Feet
- 4 When should I visit a Doctor [Podiatrist]?
- 5 What is the Diagnosis of Sweaty Feet?
- 6 What is the Treatment of Sweaty Feet?
- 7 How can I Prevent Sweaty Feet?
Top 10 Recommended Products that Cure Sweaty Feat
|Product Description||Buy Now|
|Carpe Antiperspirant Foot Lotion, A dermatologist-recommended solution to stop sweaty, smelly feet, Helps prevent blisters, Great for hyperhidrosis
|HappyStep Replacement Insoles, Honeycomb insoles, Keep Your Feet Dry and Clean, Preventing Foot Odor, Stopping Sweaty Feet (MEN SIZE 8-11 OR WOMEN SIZE 9-12)
|FOOT SENSE All Natural Smelly Foot & Shoe Powder – Foot Odor Eliminator lasts up to 6 months. Safely kills bacteria. Natural formula for smelly shoes and stinky feet. Protects disinfects & deodorizes.
by Foot Sense
|ORIGINAL Cedar Wood Shoe Insoles: Natural sweaty feet solution, foot odor eliminator, athlete’s foot treatment (1 Pair) cedar/red, US 7|
|SweatBlock Antiperspirant – Clinical Strength – Reduce Sweat up to 7-days per Use
|All Natural Shoe Deodorizer and Foot Deodorant Spray – Made in USA – with Peppermint, Tea Tree, Eucalyptus and Essential Oils To Remove Bad Odor and Scent – Best for Stinky Shoes, Smelly Feet & Sport
by FineVine Organics
|Bamboo Socks- Super Soft & Comfortable No Show Socks for Men & Women- Antimicrobial, Antibacterial, and Moisture Wicking- Prevents Smelly & Sweaty Feet, Socks, and Shoes Eco Friendly, 3 Pair- White|
|Pedag Summer Washable Summer Pure Cotton Terry Barefoot Insole, White, M15 EU 48
|[2 Pair]Shoe Insoles for Stinky Feet-Foot and Shoe Odor Inserts for Women and Men’s Shoes-Cinnamon Inserts and Flats for Sweaty Feet and Hyperhidrosis(US 5.5-10.5) (US (5.5-10.5))
|Antifungal Tea Tree Oil Body Wash, Helps Athletes Foot, Ringworm, Toenail Fungus, Jock Itch, Acne, Eczema & Body Odor- Soothes Itching & Promotes Healthy Feet, Skin and Nails 9oz.
by Purely Northwest
No cause for alarm, this could be as a result of excessive sweating on the pores on your feet (Plantar Hyperhidrosis). Later in this write-up, you will find a wide variety of treatment options for this condition but first… Are you tired of the many failing solutions from your peers? Read on…
Unknowingly, persistence or incessant sweaty feet eventually becomes the smelly feet. You do not want to endure the embarrassment or lose confidence arising from smelly feet.
Lorraine Jones, a podiatrist, describes smelly feet as an outcome of wearing and constantly reusing wet shoes soaked in excessive sweat.it does not mind the number of times you clean your feet.
Wearing the same wet shoe before washing creates a warm and moist surrounding for your feet. The temperature created is conducive for bacteria to begin multiplying on the sweaty feet. Imagine the problem of frequently having to undo your shoes in public when your feet itch. Disgusting, right? You get your shoes off and a stinky smell hits the nose of your friends or people around you. Unfortunately, you become embarrassed.
Here is the information that will do you the trick.
The human feet have many sweat glands as compared to other parts of the body.
It is important to note that the sweat glands on the bottom of the feet do not require heat or exertion to release sweat. As a matter of fact, anyone regardless of the time and temperature can suffer from an excessive sweaty feet.
So, What is Sweaty Feet?
Well, sweaty feet is a disorder that brings you feet discomforts. Sweaty feet can result in decreased social contact, leading to low confidence or low self-esteem. Excessive sweaty foot describes the release of salty water fluids quite uncomfortably. With 250,000 sweat glands, the feet tend to perspire more than other organs, such as the hands, armpits, head, and face.
What are the Causes of Sweaty Feet?
Why do my Feet Sweat?
Sweat glands allow the skin to remain moist and flexible thus able to regulate temperatures during summer and under strenuous exercises.
The brain starts by sending a signal through the nervous system that triggers the sweat glands. The sweat glands then react to responses and stimulus relating to fear, excitement or anxiety. More importantly, this process aims at controlling the body temperature.
- Heredity more likely traces the causes of an individual who is enduring profuse sweating on the feet. Families with common sweaty feet problems experience the condition down their generations.
- Too much alcohol consumption can lead to a sweaty feet. High toxicity levels in the body causes your body parts including the feet to sweat. Anything containing toxins that are consumed in large amounts as well causes sweaty feet.
- Hormonal imbalances, more common in pregnant women, or women reaching menopause and girls in their menstrual stages, stimulate the body to trigger the sweat glands.
- Just as other body parts with sweat glands, the feet become sweaty from side effect arising from certain medication and drugs.
- Patients suffering from diseases, such as leukemia, heart attack or stroke may experience plantar hyperhidrosis or sweaty feet.
- Choose your footwear keenly as nylon and cotton socks, or plastic shoes could concentrate sweat preventing evaporation, thus leading to sweaty feet.
Symptoms of Sweaty Feet
The following should hint you on sweaty feet disorder:
- If you smell an odor emanating from your feet
- If a regular itchy feeling forces you to occasionally scrub your feet
- Clamminess on the soles of the feet
- If your socks are always soaked with sweat
- If after running or exercising your feet drips sweat excessively
- If you witness a condition known as toenail fungus or have feet infection
Home Remedies for Sweaty Feet
- Home remedies and medical treatments altogether can help treat your sweaty feet disorder. Some of the home remedies are:
- Maintain a high level of hygiene – Use a medicated soap to clean your feet at least three times a day. If you are an athlete ensure you wash your feet immediately after a run or strenuous exercise.
- To retain dry feet, carry with you talcum powder and apply every now and again.
- Watch out on your footwear. Wear socks with high cotton percentage and more preferably keep your feet dry by wearing open shoes. Replace nylon socks, in case you use them, with a combination of 60-70 % wool and 40-30 % man-made fiber.
- The diet you eat matters as well – Avoid food that have high pepper, garlic, and onions as they are scientifically proven to worsen the smell of a sweaty feet. Maintain balanced diet as this allows proper body metabolism, further reducing sweaty feet.
- Go for stress management techniques, for example, attending yoga classes; taking a breathing exercise, or else sink into meditation if you establish that you could be having stress or depression.
When should I visit a Doctor [Podiatrist]?
When the home remedies do not treat your condition sufficiently within three weeks or so, it is advisable to seek the doctor’s advice. Always ensure that you visit an expert in sweaty feet, also referred to as a Podiatrist, whose role is to treat sweaty feet also called a chiropodist. For extreme cases, the doctor will prescribe medication to ease the excess sweat.
What is the Diagnosis of Sweaty Feet?
The diagnosis of Sweaty feet is done by a qualified doctor, who may first begin by conducting an assessment of the symptoms that you present about your sweaty feet. The doctor can also carry out a physical examination of your feet to determine whether they are really sweaty feet or normal sweating of the feet. Consequently, you can be referred to a qualified podiatrist who will carry out a starch iodine lab test to establish the diagnosis of the sweaty feet.
What is the Treatment of Sweaty Feet?
More often the medical practitioner suggests the use of antiperspirants, oral medications, such as anticholinergic drugs, which for a short time, controls excessive sweating in the feet.
Anticholinergic drugs block the nerves that trigger sweating. The side effects—blurred vision, sedation, constipation, and a dry mouth—are far much worse than sweating. Rather the doctor could prescribe Propantheline bromide.
The treatment of excessive sweaty feet includes the following:
- Iontophoresis, which involves putting your affected feet on a basin of water, and an electric current is passed through your feet. This procedure can cause a burning sensation on the skin, further curing sweaty feet.
- Injections of Botulinum Toxin Injections (Botox) in the soles of your feet. This is probably the best treatment for sweaty feet.
- Although not recommended, a sympathectomy operation on the nerves controlling the sweat glands can be conducted. Why is it not recommended? Reasons – it can result in impotence and interfere with sexual function in women as well.
How can I Prevent Sweaty Feet?
Sure, prevention is better than medical treatment. Preferably, on a daily routine, wash your feet using anti-bacterial soap; apply medical cream; apply absorbent feet powder and avoid wearing the same socks or shoes each and every day. In addition, use medicated insoles that absorb excess sweat.
Now, worry no more as you do not have to avoid wearing open shoes in public gatherings, and more so entering a friend’s house with your shoes off is now going to be exciting than a source of embarrassment.