Table of Contents
- 1 Waft Bladeless Fan: The Best Fan for Cooling a Bedroom
- 2 Dyson Cool AMO8 Tower Fan (White/Silver)
- 3 Dyson Cool Air Multiplier 10 Inch (Black/Nickel): The Best Fan for Cooling a Bedroom
- 4 Levoit LV PUR131 Air Purifier: The Best Fan for Cooling An Apartment
- 5 Rowenta Oscillating Fan
- 6 AC Infinity Airframe T7 White
- 7 AC Infinity Cloudplate T7 Panel 2U
- 8 New Air Portable Evaporative Air Cooler with Fan and Humidifier
- 9 Tipton Light Luxury Modern Crystal Chandelier Ceiling Fan Lamp
- 10 Midea MPF14CR81-E Portable Air Conditioner 1400 BTU
Are you looking for the best fans for cooling a room? There are a lot of fans that cool like air conditioners. You can go for a fan in the place of an expensive air conditioner and still enjoy cool air like everyone else. All you want is a product that will deliver the best results for you, your family and friends. Mostly, some of the best fans to look out for are fans that can blow cold air without consuming a lot of power or energy. An energy efficient fan is what every customer is looking out for in the modern day air conditioning systems, units or brands. Some fans can get your power bill sky-high with just hours of cooling air in a room. Therefore, reading through reviews and guides help you choose the right fan that will serve you efficiently.
If you need the best fan for cooling your bedroom, of course you must go for the silent one. To know this, you must come across reviews left behind by customers, who have tried and tested the product before you or read a review article by us. This will save you a lot, including money and time. The bedroom is a safe haven where the last thing you will like to get is noise at the cost of cool air.
Look no further, we have made your work easier. Herein, we have put together a list of the top 10 best fans for cooling a room, bedroom or apartment. Whether an office or media studio, fans are the most ideal items for blowing cold air, preventing excessive sweating and giving you extra comfort. We have also put together a brief outline of the specs and pros and cons of every product for you to skim through easily and fast before making the right decision. Next you need is to click the button and buy your fan from Amazon right away!
Waft Bladeless Fan: The Best Fan for Cooling a Bedroom
Waft bladeless fan will fit into any corner of the room to provide a quiet, high velocity flow of cool air. It is designed to give a smooth and powerful continuous stream of air with very little energy. It draws in hot air from the surrounding and quietly pushes out cool air into the environment. It comes with an oscillating power and ten different airflow settings, digital LED display a sleep timer with ready preset time intervals and a magnetic controller. All this is designed to provide the most serene environment in a room.
- The fan has an air multiplier technology designed to create a continuous, powerful stream of cool air
- Its air channels are strategically streamlined foe effective reduction of the airflow turbulence to make the quitter by 60%
- It uses very little energy to create a very powerful airflow
- It comes with a preset time interval of 15minutes-9hours that can be programmed to automatically turn off
- A remote control with a total of 10 airflow settings including on and off, sleep timer, oscillation and LED display. It is also magnetized and curved so for easy storage inside the machine
- One touch oscillation for any direction airflow control in the room
- No awkward blades or grills
- Easy to clean and store
- Very quiet and effective
- Its remote control can be stored inside that machine to avoid loss
- Consumes 10% less power
- Provides uninterrupted flow of cool air for as long as it is set
- You have to aim the remote control at the base for the fan to function
Dyson Cool AMO8 Tower Fan (White/Silver)
The Dyson cool AMO8 tower fan generates a powerful and smooth airflow for cooling. Just like in all the other bladeless models from the Dyson brand, the AMO8 uses an air multiplier technology that works by drawing air from the surrounding, creating a resulting strong air projection. In the past, fans used to be either powerful and noisy, or weak and quiet. The AMO8 defies this rule completely. It is both Powerful and quiet. It comes with a remote control that allows for airflow control to a specific setting and a sleep timer option. The fan can be set to automatically turn itself off after a certain preset interval, for a comfortable air regulation throughout the night.
- An adjustable tilt
- 10 different speed settings
- A new bladeless design
- Utilizes air multiplier technology for a powerful air projection
- Up to 75% noise reduction technology
- Adapts to the user’s personal cooling needs
- Designed to work with 40% less energy
- Has a Helmholtz cavity to capture and dissipate motor noise
- Has an oscillating function that allows for a direct airflow across the room
- The unit is built for efficiency
- It is very energy effective
- Has an option of auto setting for comfortable sleep throughout the night
- It has a very quiet performance
- Has streamlines airflow paths for a greater efficiency
- Somewhat expensive for some customers
- The remote control needs to be aimed at a specific area for an effective control.
Dyson Cool Air Multiplier 10 Inch (Black/Nickel): The Best Fan for Cooling a Bedroom
The Dyson cool AMO6 is an upgrade of Dyson’s first edition the Dyson AMO1. It has additional features like a sleep timer, a better design, uses 40% less power and is 75% quieter. It comes with options of either white/silver, with a white/nickel version selling at an extra added cost. It is one of the most stylish desktop fans, a feature that has seen it rise to be one of the bestselling fans. It also has a relatively larger airflow amp with a 30cm diameter to compliment the fans stylish look. The AMO6 is 12 inches taller which makes it a perfect addition to any office desktop, kitchen, table room or even a bedroom. It is very light weighing at only 1.8kg making it very portable. It should be noted however that the Dyson AMO6 is not an air conditioner; it is a fan that works by drawing air from the surroundings, passing it through its frame to produce cool air.
- 75% noise reduction by significantly reducing the air turbulence
- Comes with a tilting head mechanism that allows for a direct poring of airflow
- An inbuilt timer that hits the user’s preferred cut off point
- A steady and smooth temperature regulation technology
- A remote control that can be attached to the machine when not in use
- Comes in a cool high end design
- Reduced air turbulence for a quiet function
- Has an inbuilt sleep timer
- Comes with a handy remote control
- A little expensive for middle earners
- Attracts a lot of dust due to its function of drawing air from the surroundings
- Its physical control is limited and you have to aim the remote control properly for it to function.
Levoit LV PUR131 Air Purifier: The Best Fan for Cooling An Apartment
Just like any other product from a brand, the Levoit LV PUR131 is an upgrade of an older version, the 132 model. It comes in a sleek and square design and a shade of white color designed to make it a perfect fit for any room or office. It comes with every spec that is needed in a fan and an air purifier including a carbon filter, a HEPA filter and a favorable price. The most interesting feature about this Leviot model is an auto mode. Although this mode is not exclusive to the Levoit brand, it is still a very catchy spec. The auto mode enables the fan to detect the quality of the surrounding area in order to effectively change the speed of its blades. It also has different colors LED lights that will indicate the quality of air in a room. With just a touch of a button, you can change into auto mode so that you do not need to keep checking the quality of air. The purifier will automatically adjust itself.
- It is 100% free of UV and carbons, making it completely ozone free
- Features stage 3 filtration system
- Smart auto mode that automatically measure the quality of surrounding air
- A sleep mode to automatically set the purifier to the lowest mode when the user is not around or is sleeping
- Covers an area of up to 322 square feet, the average size of a large living room
- Refreshes the air and removes odors
- It acts as a relief for allergy symptoms
- Comes with a very useful auto mode
- Some features do not function properly
- Its filter costs a lot to change
- One user claimed that it develops a clunking noise and immediately, the fun stops working.
Rowenta Oscillating Fan
This extremely silent 16-inch stand fan combines ultra-quiet performance with intense power making an excellent choice for any home or office. The Rowenta delivers an incredible 2436 cubic feet per minute cooling airflow and a 35db/A in general cool air circulation all year round. It also has up to five settings options that enables you to choose between very silent, quiet mode and turbo boost. It comes with a user friendly electric control panel fixed at the stand of the fan that offers an 8-hour timer and a power saving setting which continually decreases the fan’s airflow until it gets to its most energy control point. Its remote control is very effective too and compact, designed to fit perfectly in your hand, so that you can easily change the speed of the fan at set the timer while comfortably seated across the room. In addition, its remote control storage is an integrated slot on top of the fans carrying handle for an easy and quick access.
- The fan is equipped with a 35db/A quiet speed operation that ensures that there is ultimate silence at any speed
- Delivers an airflow of up to 2436 cubic feet per minute while at the same time delivering an impressively powerful air circulation
- Comes with a total of 5 different speed settings
- Its control panel is electric and offers an 8-hour automatic energy saving timer
- A compact remote control with an integrated storage for convenience
- A cardboard to cover the fan cage, which also serves as the remote control storage
- Extremely quiet technology
- 5 different speed settings
- A powerful airflow
- Easy to use
- Not portable
- Its grills may rust easily
- The neck of the grill may break off easily
AC Infinity Airframe T7 White
Airframe has come up with a series of intelligent room cooler designs. The Airframe T7 features high airflow and thermal control fans to effectively and carefully cool rooms with audio and video equipment. Each of its units has a nylon mesh filter which filters the air entering a room to catch all the dust particles and prevent them from getting into other equipment. The filters are easy to clean and can be easily detached and reattached. Each one of the fan is carefully engineered with airflow maximizing technology that works to keep the noise levels down. It also comes with two bearing balls which features a long life of up to 67,000 hours. The fan’s outside frame is created using aluminum alloy material with a white color for a detailed and professional look. It comes with all the required hardware materials for an easy mounting on a wall or door. It is also equipped with an easy to use thermostat and a smart mode that automatically changes the speed of the fan in reaction to different room temperatures.
- A high power airflow fan that is designed to cool all the AV systems in the room
- A thermostat controller that is programmable to automated speeds, backup memory and alarm warnings
- Constructed using a an anodized premium aluminum with a CNC machine detailing
- A nylon mesh filter that filters all air entering the room and is easily detachable
- It is an exhaust design gadget with dimensions of 16.5 by 6.5 by 2.3 inches.
- Comes in a professionally appealing design
- Prevents dust from getting to other equipment in the room
- Comes with a backup memory and alarm warning in addition to its automated speeds
- Features high power air flow
- Some customers claim that it is a dust magnet, which means that it can attract a lot of dust easily, leaving you with a lot of work cleaning the filters.
- Breaks down easily due to a lot of dust accumulation if not cleaned regularly and properly
- It’s not an energy efficient gadget as you may experience a slight increase in the electricity bill
AC Infinity Cloudplate T7 Panel 2U
This is another intelligent cooling system from the AC infinity fan collection. It is designed in such a way that it can be mounted on any 19inch rack which can facilitate a high and quiet airflow. Mounting this gadget onto a rack significantly prevents it from overheating, extends its lifespan and ensures an effective performance throughout its lifespan. It also comes with an LCD controller featuring a controllable thermostat and automatic control over speed. Other features include status alert, backup memory and alarm warnings. The body of the fan is created using an aluminum material that takes up almost two and a half rack units. Both aluminum pieces are anodized very lightly with a smooth brush finish. The machine also comes with CNC corners to give it an attractive and professional look.
- Intelligent cooling system created using a technology that allows the machine to cool off other video and audio equipment in the room
- Protects other equipment mounted on racks from performance failures, overheating or short lifespans
- Its thermostat is programmable and equipped with an automatic speed control
- Constructed using anodized premium aluminum material with CNC machine details for a much needed professional look
- Airflow power of 50 to 220 CFM
- Its system uses a dual bearing technology equipped with a PMW motor
- A very professional look with CNC brush finish
- Protects other equipment mounted on the racks from damage
- Very quiet operation, which makes it the best option for bedroom or silent rooms, such as offices or studios
- Fan speed control by an LCD temperature feature
- Consumes somewhat a lot of energy while in operation
- It may attract a lot of dust
- Can have a very short lifespan if not cleaned regularly to get rid of the dust particles
New Air Portable Evaporative Air Cooler with Fan and Humidifier
This is the most recent evaporative cooler from the New Air brand. It covers areas of up to 300 square feet and is well equipped with everything required in an evaporative portable cooler. It has a 10 hour timer so that you feel to let it run for as long as you want. It is also equipped with an oscillation feature for a total room coverage. A very portable machine that is available in three different colors, complete with an easy to use remote control and an easy to roll caster. In areas where there is a humidity of less than 40% and a hot and dry climate, the most recommended fans and humidifiers are evaporative coolers, just like this one. These regions include, but not limited to Midwest and Southwest areas of the United States of America.
- The AF-100 has a temperature lowering feature of up to 20 degrees that allow fresh air to be in circulation all summer long
- An extra-large water containment that has a capacity of 5.3 gallons
- An energy saving mechanism that does not use any chemical refrigerants
- Comes with a cord wrapper and very smooth rolling caters for portability, easy to carry around with little effort
- It has a fan speed of 500CFM and an oscillating function meant to cover up to 300 square feet
- Comes with a remote control for convenience
- Best for hot, dry and low humidity regions like the tropics
- A gentle circulation of fresh air, thanks to the automatic air louvers
- Cools room areas of up to 300 square feet with very little energy usage
- It is a very light and portable unit
- Matches your schedule, thanks to its automatic timer
- Not very recommendable for regions with higher than 45% humidity levels
- It’s usage is limited to specific regions
- Need a relatively large amount of water to properly function
Tipton Light Luxury Modern Crystal Chandelier Ceiling Fan Lamp
This is the newest creation in the market that combines the beauty of a chandelier with the efficiency of a fan. The Tipton Light Modern Chandelier has clear, beautiful blades that retracts freely. The function of the light and the blades can be controlled individually using a remote control. It also has the option of a wall control, especially in high end hotel rooms. The fan rotates at a speed of 3 different gears including high, medium and low, with a timer setting of 1,2,4 and 8 hours respectively. Its motor is created using copper to deliver a very powerful air movement, while at the same time featuring a very quiet performance. It is very effective in preventing temperature or weather change related allergies and diseases. Its light is from an LED chip source that features 3 different colors namely neutral, white and yellow. It consumes very low energy and it’s very durable.
- Clear blades that retract freely without the need of a command
- 3 different gears fan rotation speeds
- Copper motors for a powerful flow of air
- A very quiet performance, making it ideal for quiet rooms, such as bedrooms, children rooms or music studios/office
- An LED chip light source with three different light colors
- Acrylic Folding Blades
- A light ceiling fan designed with a professional balancing
- Provides a mute and soft wind, perfect for relaxation
- Utilizes very minimal energy
- A very beautiful compliment to different styles of décor
- Perfect for high-end hotels, living and dining areas, including bedrooms
- Has a very long service life/shelf life
- Acrylic folding blades when not in use
- Some customers find it a little expensive
- Not quite portable
- Can only be used in leisure areas, such as bedrooms or living rooms
Midea MPF14CR81-E Portable Air Conditioner 1400 BTU
This is a 3 in 1 portable, easy cool air conditioner from the Midea brand that dehumidifies and cools rooms and office spaces quickly, effectively and quietly. It is rated at a whopping 4, 000 BTU which means that it is capable of cooling spaces of up to 350 square feet. It comes with a total of five modes and three different fan speeds that allows you to choose setting combinations of your own from the digital remote control or the control panel. You also get the option of an automatic setting where you can set the room temperature in case you need a quick operation. Its SLEEP/ECO energy saving option will automatically control the room temperature during the night. It also has a light indicator that will notify you when its internal filters need to be cleaned so that you can maintain the machine’s quality all the time. The remote control has a proximity sensor that allows you to comfortably adjust the cooling levels depending on your distance from the unit.
- 14,000 BTU dehumidification functions that cover spaces of up to 350 square feet
- User friendly digital LED control
- Functional innovation that provides specific control over sleep timer, power function and temperature
- Proximity control function on the remote control
- Easy installation mechanism
- Worldwide warranty from the Midea brand
- Easy Installation
- Top control with a digital LED display
- A better flexibility of movement due to its attached wheels
- A sleep mode to automatically control the temperature all through the night
- Has an energy saving eco-timer
- Has a proximity sensor to allow you to adjust the cooling levels depending on your distance from the unit
- Has a washable and reusable filter
- May seem a bit expensive, but its value is somewhat equal to its pricing.
- Required regular cleaning and high maintenance to ensure durability and long-term performance
- A complicated user guide that may need keenness when reading to avoid making mistakes
Features To Look Out For In A Cooling Fan
- Power – Power is a significant determiner of the amount of air that the fan can blow, also considered as performance of a fan. It is not simply about the size only or the size of the blades, but power output, which is denoted by the CFM. Therefore, always find out the amount of power a fan can generate before purchasing it and of course a table fan may not need to be so powerful, but a fan meant for a living room or a spacious bedroom may need to be powerful especially for hot seasons or highly humid regions.
- Size – The size of your cooling fan matters a lot. This is dependent on your living areas, for example, if you need a fan for your bathroom, you may go for a small version rather than a large one that will give you problems installing it or even take all the space available in the bathroom. However, a room, such as your living room, which may be large, requires a large air cooling fan for effective performance.
- Weight –Many people may consider a weightless fan that can be moved around with ease, however, it is always important to go for the heavy fan for cooling a room, because this fan has a strong base and cannot tip over, in case kids play around it. This is a safety measure that keeps you super cool and less alert.
- Design – The design of your fan depends on your preference and interior decor. In the present day, engineers have modified the fans for cooling a room, introducing even innovative designs, such as bladeless fans that not only work perfectly when cooling a room but also gives your room a touch of beauty and elegance. You can adorn your office or studio with a bladeless fan that gives it a glistering outlook especially with the blue LED lights.
- Noise – Noise is one of the biggest concerns for many fan users. However, many companies have come up with new brands of cooling fans that are silent and still efficient. Such fans are ideal for a kid’s room or even your own bedroom. You don’t want the ruffling noise when all you want is a sound sleep.
- Durability – Of course you need the best fans that can last. Therefore, durability is at the top of your list. Some fans have plastic outer covers, which have the propensity of cracking or breaking when the fan is dropped. Some are metallic designed, which adds more durability than the plastic version. However, if the setting is damp and misty, then the metallic fan type can rust with time, therefore, it is important to buy a durable fan for cooling a room but also make the settings, where you place your fan, even the best for your fan’s durability.
- Energy efficiency – The best fan would always be the fan that save you the bill. It must be designed to use minimal energy and still perform a best as possible.
If you have reached here, then you have gone through this product review in detail. As you have seen, the above is a list of the top 10 best fans for cooling a room, such as a bedroom or living room. It may get sometimes hot in the bedroom, leaving you sweating. If you have hyperhidrosis, it is advisable to have one of the best fans that cool like air conditioners in your apartment. If symptoms persist, seek medical advice.
Sample the above products and make your best choice. Nothing can stop you from enjoying summer right in the comfort of your apartment. These days, even night flushes are nothing to be worried about with the best cooling fans in your room or apartment. While some work automatically, other fans may need controlling with a remote controller. This makes it easy for you to regulate the air to your preference. Others are portable. You can move them from one room to the other, plug them in and begin to enjoy the cool air.
Most of the fans we have highlighted in this product review are quiet fans for bedrooms. You can set up a silent fan in your kid’s room and make their night superbly cool at night in summer. You do not need to be worried when your friends come to visit. Sleep overs are no longer a thorn in the flesh. Get yourself the best fans for sleeping, and at a click of a button, lay back as temperature gets regulated in minutes. What are you waiting for?